In March 2019, President Donald Trump signed a public lands bill creating the Santa Cruz Valley National Heritage area encompassing parts of Santa Cruz and Pima Counties. This followed more than a decade of effort on the part of U.S.
- AZGS' digital geologic map product suite will now include multiple digital formats - geodatabase, geojson, KMZ and shapefiles - to meet the needs of Arizona geoscientists.
- ‘Touring Geoheritage Sites of Flagstaff & Environs’ StoryMap highlights 30 of the most prominent geologic, archaeologic, and cultural features near Flagstaff, Arizona.
- The US Geological Survey just released their 2018 report on U.S and global mineral commodities. Arizona is No# 1 in copper production in the U.S.
- New insights into the hydrogeologic conditions of the eastern Higley and northern Picacho Basins, Florence, AZAZGS compiled and analyzed physical, geophysical and geologic data for Higley and northern Picacho basins near Florence, Arizona, to evaluate hydrogeologic conditions and boundaries related to groundwater potential.
- The Arizona Geological Survey’s broadband seismic network (ABSN) now provides a statewide seismic monitoring network that can be used to estimate seismicity rates, the amount of ground-shaking and can provide seismic data that can be used to image subsurface processes.