We are heartbroken by the news that Paul John Umhoefer (Ph.D.) passed away on November 24, 2021, in Flagstaff, AZ, at the age of 66.
- Arizona geoscientists anchor ‘Advances in Wildfire-Related Earth Surface Processes’ at GSA Annual ConferenceUArizona geoscientists engaged in post-wildfire impact on geologic processes impacting geomorphology.
- Recent seismicity in southeastern AZ, southwestern NM, and northern Mexico may reflect long term phenomenon coupled with the Great Sonoran M7.5 event of 1887.
- New geologic map of rare oceanic peridotite exposure at Cemetery Ridge in southwestern Arizona by Jon Spencer and Gordon Haxel.
- HB 2037 reinforces the position of the AZGS as a research unit situated in the UArizona, with funding provided by annual appropriation from the state general fund.
- AZGS report, "Landslide mapping along the Interstate-17 corridor from Anthem to Flagstaff, AZ" is now available online.