- AZGS releases digital drill core data from the Courtland-Gleeson area, Turquoise mining district, southeastern ArizonaCourtland-Gleeson area with 113 drill holes representing 25,935 m (85,087 feet or 16.1 miles) including lithology, mineralization, alteration, structure, and assay data.
- Geologic maps are invaluable tools for geoscientists in their pursuit of mineral resources, hazard mitigation strategies, and meet the societal needs of a growing population.
- John V. Bezy's latest contribution to the AZGS DTE series: ‘Island Mountains of Southeastern Arizona: Geology, Vegetation & Wildlife’.
- The Arizona Geological Survey (AZGS) released digital data packages (Table 1) for 22 extant Digital Geologic Maps (Table 2) in August 2020.
- A groundswell of interest in the U.S. regarding ‘Geoheritage’, America’s natural geologic legacy showcased in America Geoheritage II - webinar series fall 2020.
- Reconnaissance study of mylonitic fabrics in the Bellota Ranch area, eastern Santa Catalina Mountains, Arizona, just released and downloadable.
- Bringing real-world geologic data to the college classroom: A conversation with Professor Jeffrey M. SimpsonJeff Simpson, adjunct professor of geosciences at Chandler-Gilbert Community College discusses the challenges and successes of bringing real-world geologic data into the classroom.
- Earthquakes, volcanoes, floods, tsunamis and landslides in the Western U.S.: the role of state geological surveysState geological surveys play a pivotal role in identifying, evaluating and communicating geologic hazards to their state’s constituents.
We are excited to announce that the AZGS award for the STATEMAP Program in Fiscal Year 20-21 is $324k – a 2-fold increase from our current level of funding and much more than we have ever received before. With the required 50/50 state match, we will be devoting unprecedented resources to geologic mapping in Arizona over the coming year.
- The Lowell Institute for Mineral Resources offers outreach opportunities for Arizona elementary and high school students.