- HB 2037 reinforces the position of the AZGS as a research unit situated in the UArizona, with funding provided by annual appropriation from the state general fund.
- AZGS report, "Landslide mapping along the Interstate-17 corridor from Anthem to Flagstaff, AZ" is now available online.
- Arizona Geological Society 2021 presentation series began on 14 Jan. with Jan Rasmussen and Stan Keith of MagmaChem.Org discussing their “Magma Metal Series”.
- USGS, AZGS, & UArizona Geosciences collaborate on post-wildfire debris flow research in the southwestAZGS has partnered with UArizona Geosciences and the US Geological Survey on understanding post-wildfire debris-flows in the southwestern U.S.
- AZGS joins the Carbon Utilization and Storage Partnership (CUSP) to characterize, catalog, analyze and rank carbon capture, utilization and storage (CCUS) options for Arizona.
Wretched as 2020 has been, and continues to be, the holiday season has arrived. For those looking for a gift with geologic overtones, we’ve compiled a list of some of our favorite geologic books, field trips guides, and maps that are in-print or free as digital downloads.
Best wishes finding precisely what you need.