Hudbay hurdles final obstacle to initiate their mine plan operation at the Rosemont Copper Mine south of Tucson, Arizona.
- AZGS' digital geologic map product suite will now include multiple digital formats - geodatabase, geojson, KMZ and shapefiles - to meet the needs of Arizona geoscientists.
- ‘Touring Geoheritage Sites of Flagstaff & Environs’ StoryMap highlights 30 of the most prominent geologic, archaeologic, and cultural features near Flagstaff, Arizona.
- The US Geological Survey just released their 2018 report on U.S and global mineral commodities. Arizona is No# 1 in copper production in the U.S.
- New insights into the hydrogeologic conditions of the eastern Higley and northern Picacho Basins, Florence, AZAZGS compiled and analyzed physical, geophysical and geologic data for Higley and northern Picacho basins near Florence, Arizona, to evaluate hydrogeologic conditions and boundaries related to groundwater potential.
- The Arizona Geological Survey’s broadband seismic network (ABSN) now provides a statewide seismic monitoring network that can be used to estimate seismicity rates, the amount of ground-shaking and can provide seismic data that can be used to image subsurface processes.
- They surround you almost anywhere you are in Arizona. They cling to your shoes, they end up in pockets and pant cuffs, they provide a little crunch to that clam chowder you made, they color the water of streams tumbling through mountain canyons, and they wash back and forth in the waves on the shore of an ocean or lake.
- As a newly minted faculty member in geology at the University of Wisconsin in 1964, the opportunity to join Bob Dott in co-teaching our traditional summer “field mapping” course was one I could not refuse.